Monday, December 10, 2012

PUYL FAVORITES 2012 & Video: xxyyxx - About You

Another great year of music is winding down, and I have continued to lag behind on passing it along to you.  I figured I'd do something ambitious to make up for it and to try and catch you up to speed.  For the rest of the month, Push Up Ya Lighter will be featuring my favorite music from the past year.  The plan is to write a new post each day to highlight what was so great about 2012.  I'll share my three favorite music videos, new artists, and albums; along with some honorable mentions.  In addition, I'll close out the calendar with my top 10 favorite songs in the chronological order they were released.  Hopefully I can make the time to stay on schedule and then use that momentum to get a good start to 2013.  After all, as long as the music keeps playing, I'll still be listening.  Let's get started...


When this video first came out, I went through about a two week period where I would watch it every single night before I fell asleep.  While listening, my breathing falls in sync with the slowly shifting chords.  The sparse drum kicks and nearly unintelligible vocal samples are not at all overbearing and merely serve to complement the main melody.  Seeing the girls in the video push up their lighters is relaxing in its own right, and by the time the song gets a little wild, I'm essentially already asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment