Friday, December 14, 2012

PUYL Favorite New Artist: The Underachievers


I've already written about The Underachievers, and unfortunately, not much has changed since I did.  Please familiarize yourself with them if you missed that previous post.  I did the whole write up within two days of first hearing their music because I was that excited about sharing this new talent.  They truly are new favorites because they've only been making music together since June of this year.  These kids are on another level, and I mean that in an metaphysical sense.  They are very into achieving altered states of consciousness and gaining universal enlightenment and clarity.  It goes beyond recreational drug use, too.  Issa Dash will routinely tweet about lucid dreaming, philosophical musings, and his favorite books.  Their debut mixtape, Indigoism, was slated to be released at the end of September, but got pushed to October.  It got bumped again until after Captain Murphy's Duality was dropped, which happened toward the end of November.  It's December, now and I was really hoping I'd be able to share the whole tape with you, but I can't.  So go bug Issa and Ak.  Hit up their official handle on Twitter.  Bother their label, Brainfeeder and the man who signed them to it, our friend Flying Lotus.  C'mon!

No comments:

Post a Comment