Wednesday, December 12, 2012

PUYL Favorite Video: Baths - Lovely Bloodflow


Alright, this one is actually a couple years old, but I only recently discovered Baths, and I was instantly hooked.  There is something about scenes of tranquil green forest that captivates me.  I feel like I'm supposed to hold my breath so as not to disturb the peace and serenity.  At the same time, the greenery is a sign that life is thriving.  As the wounded warrior staggers through the woods we don't know how he sustained his injuries.  The pulsing drums and dark melody follow him on his final steps while strange white figures observe him from a distance, their intentions unknown.  After he falls and begins to emit a ghostly blue smoke from his wounds, they seemingly heal him by reversing the flow.  It appears he is saved, yet they drag him away and leave him for an encounter with another figure.  My favorite part of the song comes at this point where, around 2:34, a few notes of harsh distortion are immediately followed by a gentle piano riff.  The man is now alert but underwater, apparently meeting his end.  The creature inhales his last breath and the forest returns to as it was, with only a few remnants of his disruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment