Saturday, April 20, 2013

Steam (Mixtape)


Looking at my Gucci, it's about that time...for a new mixtape.

I've started to more diligently build playlists.  Whenever I encounter a song that fits a certain vibe, I pack it in a playlist.  Usually I end up grouping only a few together and then making new ones, but for this mix I thought I had a good start.  It was supposed to be a collection of chill, sitting-around songs, but the list I had couldn't hold a candle to what I wanted.  Eventually, I just picked up songs by certain artists who I wanted to include, so this mixtape essentially became a showcase of all the people I think are going to attract a lot of attention in the near future.  There are some old joints sprinkled in too, but for the most part, this is a glimpse at the new class of budding musicians in 2013.

Since I actively went looking for songs that felt right to me, a lot of these tracks aren't ones that I'm already burned out on, so I'm pretty excited myself about how it came together.  A couple things are different on this mix as compared to past playlists.  There are several instrumental tracks.  Normally, I don't feature those, but for zoning out I think they work well.  Also, I'm unabashedly promoting hip-hop.  There's still a good blend of genres, but the rappers on here are ones I'm very excited about; I picked songs and artists I truly enjoy right now.  I hope you enjoy yourself once you kick back and let STEAM float through the air.

Download: STEAM (Alternate Link)

Keep reading for the full tracklist and an 8tracks stream.
  1. Madvillain - Great Day
  2. Misun - Coffee
  3. Charli XCX - What I Like (Remix) (ft. Danny Brown)
  4. Joey Bada$$ - Daily Routine (prod. Chuck Strangers)
  5. Captain Murphy - Immaculation (ft. Azizi Gibson & Jeremiah Jae)
  6. Vic Mensa - Orange Juice
  7. M.I.A. - Fire Bam (Diplo Mix)
  8. Toro Y Moi - High Living
  9. Action Bronson - Compliments 2 The Chef (prod. Harry Fraud)
  10. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Kaya
  11. Tame Impala - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
  12. AlunaGeorge - Disobey
  13. Clipping - bout.that (ft. Baseck)
  14. Le1f - Tha Whip (ft. Haleek Maul) (prod. Shy Guy)
  15. The Verbs - Heavy Feeling
  16. Bassnectar - Laughter Crescendo
  17. Craig David - Fill Me In (Ryan Hemsworth Bootleg)
  18. Subranger - Rain
  19. TOKiMONSTA - Almost Free
  20. NJOMZA - High (prod. Mr. Music)
  21. Chester Watson - Magic (prod. Charlie Blue & Chester Watson)
  22. R. Kelly - I'M A FLIRT (BLVCKEDOUT'S SLOWED N SAD REMIX)
  23. Curren$y - Mary
Stream:

No comments:

Post a Comment