Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Khari Mateen - Full Moon (ft. STS)


Khari Mateen is a young, Philly-based producer, but he already has an impressive portfolio of production credits to his name (That's right, he was behind the boards for The Roots a few times).  He's also a singer and multi-instrumentalist with plenty of songs of his own.  For "Full Moon" he brought in STS, or Sugar Tongue Slim, to spit some sweet verses over the syrupy instrumental.  I enjoy the production a lot, but the cello part at the end really brings the track to life for me.

[BONUS] Because of the lyrics "Soooon, she gon' have me in a dark room", I like to follow this track with "Darkroom" by one of my emerging favorites, Misun.

Listen/Download:

Make sure to check out his Bandcamp account for a slew of free releases.  I thought his instrumental tape "Roy G. Biv" was a cool concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment