Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tuxedo - Tuxedo EP


This is what it's all about for me.  All the hours spent listening to music, all the effort I put into looking for music, all the 'likes' and 'follows' pay off when something like Tuxedo pops up on my radar.  After Andre of RAC gave the remix treatment to Mayer Hawthorne's hit "No Strings Attached", the two have linked up to release a funky dance EP under the name of Tuxedo.  I guess the biggest thrill for me is to able to share something new and awesome while it's VERY fresh; I mean, come on, their Facebook and Twitter accounts are still in the double digits.  This particular collaboration is also exciting because just yesterday I was thinking about how I should share some Mayer Hawthorne music on here.  He's a great vocalist and deserves some recognition.  So what could be more perfect than brand new original music from him with the help of perennial PUYL favorite RAC?  Oh, and it's free to download.

You are going to want to grab this EP immediately.  If you aren't home, Get U Home quickly and Do It cuz this is So Good.  

UPDATE: It looks like I may have prematurely shot my wad on this one.  In fact, RAC is NOT linked with this project, but was simply aware of the collaboration.  I read a little too much into a tweet of his and thought he was involved.  The real production genius behind Tuxedo is Jake One who has produced a myriad of records for a wide range of hip-hop acts over the years.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment