Friday, August 17, 2012

Glare (Mixtape)


CAUTION: Don't stare at the album art for too long without eye protection.

I've had this playlist ready for quite a while, but I'm just now getting around to sharing it with everyone.  I named it Glare, and it's a collection of songs with that summertime feel.  I realize the season is winding down, that's why I felt like I should release it to bring a little brightness to your days.  Put it on for your morning run, a barbecue with friends, or for a drive through your city with the windows down.  The breeze will be blowing in as the tunes are flowing out.  You get the picture; I'm sure I really don't need to tell you how to enjoy yourself.

I noticed that not as many blogs posted summer playlists this year so hopefully some of you were aching for one and this hits the spot.  I was initially hesitant to share the songs I had chosen, but I think this playlist came out really well.  As always, peep the tracklist after the jump, and enjoy!


I know that I've been slackin on my pimpin with the music posts.  I promise I'll be sharing things more regularly in the future.  I'm sitting on a lot of great music that I'm dying to spread the word about.  Keep yours eyes (and ears) open, but for now I've really gotta stop looking at the Glare cover.
Tracklist:
  1. Sleepy Brown - Margarita (ft. Pharrell & Big Boi)
  2. Avicii - ID2
  3. Céu - Comadi
  4. Kanye West - My Way
  5. The Beastie Boys - I Don't Know
  6. Danny Brown - Grown Up
  7. Mr. Vegas - Sweet And Dandy (Toots And The Maytals Cover)
  8. A-Trak & Dillon Francis - Money Makin' (Original Mix)
  9. Blackbird Blackbird - Waikiki
  10. Frank Ocean - Whip Appeal (SBTRKT Edit)
  11. The Palmer Squares - Bring The Bacon
  12. Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack (Viceroy 'Jet Life' Remix)
  13. Alex Winston - Velvet Elvis (RAC Remix)
  14. Jurassic 5 - What's Golden?
  15. Rubblebucket - Silly Fathers
  16. Shook - Hold Tight
  17. Tacocat - Spring Break-Up
  18. Mark Ronson - Tomorrow (ft. Debi Nova & Q-Tip)
  19. Human Highway - The Sound
  20. Marlena Shaw - California Soul (A.Skillz Remix)
  21. Jay-Z - Feelin' It (ft. Mecca)

No comments:

Post a Comment