Friday, December 31, 2010

DJ AmpLive - Rainydayz Remixes

In 2007 Radiohead did something revolutionary.  They self-released their album, In Rainbows, digitally for the price of 'you name it'.  That meant you could pay $10 for it, $1000, or nothing at all.  Seems like profit suicide right?  Well, I guess most people still paid the normal price, and many people bought the physical copies too.  Only a third of people downloaded the album for free; I was one of them, but hey, I don't have money to blow, give me a break.

Anyways, DJ AmpLive from the group Zion I started putting together a set of remixes using In Rainbows and vocals from various MC's.  Radiohead's label got wind of this outrageous offense and tried to put a stop to it.  Good thing they went after AmpLive because getting albums for free and then remixing them never happens...  The two sides worked it out, though, and the final product, Rainydayz Remixes, was made available as a free release.

This track features Del The Funky Homosapien, Ice Cube's cousin and all around awesomehead, and is one of my favorites off the project.  Get the whole thing for $FREE.99 here.

On a barely related note, I first found out about this set on imeem when that used to be around.  Remember imeem?  I miss it.  I'm tempted to make a MySpace just to get my playlists back but doing that just sounds awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment